Your hands go through so much through the day – spending hours doing chores, going through multiple rounds of sanitizing and washing, especially during the current scenario. But are we pampering our hands after putting them through so much during the day. We would also like to remind you that without proper care and pampering, hands are often the first place where wrinkles and signs of ageing show up. A good manicure is really important in terms of your appearance and the good news is that you can do manicure within just 10 steps at home, and that too all by yourself, without spending too much. Here’s how you can do it.
This simple beauty treatment for your fingernails and hands may not only enhance your appearance but also help your nails look healthy and strong. Here are the simple steps of how you can give manicure to yourself at your own convenience:-
1. Dab a cotton pad in a nail polish remover and rub it over your nails whether you have nail polish on or not. Why? Because it helps in removing all residue, even the ones not visible to the naked eye.
2. Next, soak your fingernails in a hot bowl of water for 5-10 mins as it will help the nails to be easily filed. When the water gets cold or around the room temperature that’s when you know you can take out your fingers from the bowl. Your nails will start feeling soft. Dry them with a towel.
3. Cut your nails up to the length you want. For starters, keep it to a considerably medium length where you don’t think your nails will get chipped off easily.
4. Shape your nails using a nail filer (using a glass or emery board, whichever you prefer). If it’s your first time, it might feel rough and extremely irritating. Make sure you file them in one direction toward the centre of the nail (don’t go back and forth).
5. Next, apply cuticle oil (here’s how you can make cuticle oil) on your fingers. You can also use olive oil or jojoba oil. Apply a tiny drop into each finger and massage them in clockwise/anti-clockwise direction.
6. Gently push the cuticles on your fingernail back using the flat end of a cuticle pusher. You can find a cuticle pusher in any drugstore either separately or along with a nail kit. Some people prefer cutting the cuticle however I don’t think it’s a healthy option as cuticles as very much important for your nails as they are said to protect the nail base from bacteria, fungus, yeast, etc.
7. Apply hand lotion just on your hands and not your nails. Rub a Q-tip over your nails to remove leftover oil and moisture.
8. Apply a clear base coat on each nail.
9. Apply any nail polish in the color of your choice. You should always apply nail polish using 3 strokes, one from the centre base to the tip and one on each side. Reapply a 2nd coat when the previous coat gets completely dry.
10. Apply a quick drying clear top coat on each nail. It helps the nail polish last longer.
We are sure by doing this simple 10-step manicure at home you will definitely cut down on spending for a manicure at a beauty salon!!